Cosmopoint Group (“Cosmopoint”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains our practices in connection with information that we collect through our website and social media pages in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
The information on the enforcement of Personal Data Protection Notice 2010 which is provided below is in relation to the nature and type of data processed; how your data is collected and used; to whom your data can be disclosed; and your right to access and correct your personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Educational records
- Work history
- Emergency contact details
- Demographic data, including, where relevant, gender, date of birth, racial and ethnic origin, health and disability information
- National and student ID numbers, such as a social security or tax ID
- Membership in professional or industry associations
- Credit and debit card number
- Bank account details
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Student or potential student: Cosmopoint collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents when you, your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/or when you, your parents/guardians and/or your recruitment agents visit our campus. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Parent/guardian of our student or potential student: Cosmopoint collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your child/ward, recruitment agents when you send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/or when you, your child/ward and/or your recruitment agents visit our campus. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Client/customer or potential client/customer for our products, services, events, conferences, seminars and/or other marketing activities organised by us: Cosmopoint collects your personal information directly from you when you express an interest to be contacted for such events and marketing activities (including during previous events organised by us). Your information may also be collected indirectly (for example, via trade/online directories) or from cookies through the use of our website.
- Vendor, supplier or service provider: Cosmopoint collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects or as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To process application for admission
- To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records
- To facilitate the internships, placement or industrial training as well as co-curricular related activities
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and financial aids services
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, hostel, laboratories and so on
- To administer the graduation and alumni related events
- To administer the tuition fee and other payment
- To communicate with students on any important announcements including matters relating to career services, postgraduate studies and alumni
- To collect and relay information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or examination boards
- To contact student’ s next of kin in case of emergency
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirement
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Cosmopoint will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws / guidelines, Cosmopoint may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Higher Education, other relevant government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies
- The police and other enforcement agencies where and when required
- Your sponsors including your parents / guardians
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements
- Professional or accreditation bodies
- Taylor’s external counterparts providing dual degrees, articulation or progression of study
- Third parties appointed by Taylor’s to provide services to Taylor’s such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and insurance companies
- Other institutions or companies within Cosmopoint Group
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
- you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information; or
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
you may contact :-
Customer Service Officer
Branding & Communications Department
Cosmopoint Sdn Bhd
Level 1, Wisma Sachdev,
16-2, Jalan Raja Laut,
50350 Kuala Lumpur
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number: 03-2603 1500