Diploma in Pastry Arts
Who is this for?
It’s is for those who are interested in theoretical training in all area of food production covering pastry, bakery, chocolatier as well as meeting and managing customer expectations.
The Diploma in Pastry Arts focuses on principles of bakery and pastry operation, practical hands-on and theoretical training in all areas of bakery and pastry production. This programme is designed to equip students with essential skills in making desserts, cakes, tarts, pies, artisan bread, chocolates and confectioneries.
This programme is catered with the aim to provide students with the experience in basic bakery, pastry operations, food handling and kitchen operations as it also grooms them to be professional food handlers in specialised bakery and pastry operation.
Upon completion of this programme, graduates can work in hotels, restaurants, catering services, retailing, food industries and entrepreneurship as a baker/pastry cook or commis, artisan bread baker, baker or cafe owner, caterer or cafe planner, chocolatier pastry chef or baker manager.
(Programme only at CC-KK Wisma Times)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects inclusive Mathematics and also a PASS in English subject; or
- Certificate (or equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Artisan Bread Baking
- Bakery & Fermentation Products
- Bakery & Pastry Operation
- Basic Academic Reading & Writing
- Chocolate & Confectionary Making
- Classical Pastry & Desserts
- Confectionery Arts & Special Occasion Cakes
- Drama & Roleplay in English
- Effective Communication Skills / Principles of Moral & Ethics /
- Essential Business Communication Skills
- Family Institution / The Precepts of Islam / Creative & Problem Solving
- Financial Accounting
- Food & Beverage Management
- Food Sanitation
- Hospitality Cost Control
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Training
- Introduction to Bakery & Pastry Skills
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Kitchen Organisation
- PC Competency
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (For Malaysian) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (For International)
- Principle of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Restaurant & Production Desserts
- Social & Human Skills Project
- Theory of Baking & Pastry Goods
- Traditional Malaysian Kueh & Desserts