Diploma in Hotel Management
Who is this for?
It is designed for students who wish to broaden their career options. It is a prelude to a degree in Hotel & Convention Management or Hotel & Restaurant Management as well as a bridge into an employment situation which meaningfully utilises their skill set.
At Cosmopoint we thoroughly prepare students by preparing with ‘Real World Practice’. As such the Diploma in Hotel Management prepares graduates for employment in the industry designed to develop a student’s supervisory role in the hospitality industry. All the essential knowledge and skills are embedded throughout the course and students can hone their skills using the state-of-the-art facilities such as front office operations lab, accommodation learning suite, hospitality practice lab and multi-resource computer labs.
The programme is aimed at equipping students with the fundamentals of hotel management as well as specialised knowledge in the area of hotel business occupying management positions within the industry. In order to qualify for management roles, the students are given effective training for middle management in all areas which does work to the future employer’s benefit.
By having developed transferable skills for entry level positions and career advancement, graduates can begin as executives and work their way up to become managers or directors in various areas such as public relations, marketing & sales, restaurants, guest relations, corporate events, MICE, front offices and business development, and more.
(Programme only at CC-KK Wisma Times)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects inclusive Mathematics and also a PASS in English subject; or
- Certificate (or equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Duration: 8 Semesters
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading & Writing
- Beverage Operation
- Customer Service in Hospitality
- Effective Communication Skills / Principles of Moral & Ethics /
- Essential Business Communication Skills
- Event Management
- Family Institution / The Precepts of Islam / Creative & Problem Solving
- Financial Accounting
- Food & Beverage Management
- Food Sanitation
- Foreign Language- Mandarin 1
- Front Office Operation
- Hospitality & Tourism Marketing
- Hospitality Cost Control
- Hotel Lodging Management
- Housekeeping Operation
- Industrial Training
- Introduction to Bakery & Pastry Skills
- Introduction to Culinary Skills
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- “Meeting, Incentive, Conventions & Exhibitions”
- PC Competency
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (For Malaysian) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (For International)
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Safety & Security in Hospitality Industry
- Social & Human Skills Project
- Theory of Food