Diploma in Culinary Arts
Who is this for?
It’s is for those who are interested in theoretical training in all area of food production covering pastry, bakery, chocolatier, seafood or any other types of food as well as also learn food management covering food preparation, safety and presentation.
The programme is designed to cover basic culinary and specialised skills in the area of food and management. Subjects offered covers culinary skills and practical hands-on theoretical training. Students will acquire important skills in culinary craft, organisation and management, including stock ordering, scheduling, costing of goods and dealing with suppliers.
The programme is aimed at giving students the foundation in culinary skills to be applied in various positions in the culinary field especially in the hospitality & food service industry as well as to prepare students to have a professional approach and attitude.
The prospects are wide and limitless. Graduates can specialise in pastry & bakery, chocolatiers, or become a food critic, author and other areas of the culinary field.
(Programme only at CC-KK Wisma Times)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects inclusive Mathematics and also a PASS in English subject; or
- Certificate (or equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- Academic Reading & Writing
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Basic Pastry & Bakery
- Beverage Operation
- Effective Communication Skills /Precepts of Islam /Creative Problem Solving
- Drama & Roleplay in English
- Essential Business Communication Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Food & Beverage Management
- Food Sanitation
- Garde Manger
- Hospitality Cost Control
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Training
- Intermediate Pastry & Bakery
- International Cuisine
- Introduction to Culinary Skills
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Industry
- Kitchen Organization
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Meat Identification & Fabrication
- PC Competency
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Moral and Ethics
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Social and Human Skills Project
- Theory of Food
- Western Cookery