Diploma in Multimedia Application
Who is this for?
The Diploma programme is ideal for those who want to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of multimedia development tools and techniques and who want to enhance their career prospects in the process. Students who are looking for a career in the broadcast industry will have the opportunity to enhance their creativity and learn on 2D & 3D animation, digital and audio & interface design among many other subjects.
The Diploma in Creative Multimedia is designed to train students with skills in developing multimedia contents and maintain a creative mindset when managing and producing multimedia-related products. Students will learn the practical, creative and communication skills necessary to plan, design and construct fully interactive multimedia applications. Students are given the opportunity to bring theory to life through case studies and practical exercises using 2D and 3D animation, digital, audio and interface design, as well as managing and developing multimedia teams.
It aims to equip students with the fundamentals of multimedia and also to give them the technical skills required to solve creative problems and integrate findings into everyday commercial usage.
A graduate can work as a multimedia designer, producer, multimedia programmer, web developer, audio & video editor and an animator.
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects and pass in Art subject/Engineering Drawing *; or
- A pass in STPM (or any equivalent qualification) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject **; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects; or
- Certificate (or equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
* Students who do not take/fail in Art/Engineering Drawing subjects are required to take up portfolio tests conducted by Cosmopoint College.
** only applicable at CC-Sg Petani, CC-Johor Bahru and CC-Kota Bahru: A pass in STPM with a minimum of Grade C in Mathematics or a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- 2D Animation
- 3D Animation
- Audio Visual Technique
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading and Writing
- Business Mathematics
- Computer Applications in Art and Design
- Contemporary Business
- Creative Web Design
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Database Fundamentals
- Digital Effects & Compositing
- Digital Photography
- Drama and Role Play in English
- Drawing Studies
- Effective Communication Skills/Principles of Moral & Ethics
- Element of Design
- Essentials of Business Communication Skills
- Family Institution/The precepts of Islam/Creative Problem Solving
- Foundation in Digital Media
- Fundamental of Programming
- Graphic Illustration
- Interface Design
- Islamic Studies/Moral Studies
- Malaysian Studies
- Multimedia Authoring
- Multimedia Design
- PC Competency
- Portfolio Development
- Principle of Advertising
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
- Social & Human Skills Project
Ahmad Syahmi Nordin
“The Cosmopoint College program prepared me well for my current position. The only thing that surprised me was how quickly I found a job.”
Mohd Hazizi bin Abdullah
“To be honest, I was very shy and less socializing, but thanks to Allah when I attended the class at Cosmopoint College, I created new friends and built new experiences by sharing the ideas.”