Diploma in Computer Graphic Design
Who is this for?
It is for students who want the opportunity to develop skills & knowledge on effective use of colours, dominant elements in drawing and designing, typography, production skills and effective design layout.
The Diploma in Computer Graphic Design focuses on the basic principles, concepts and fundamentals required to solve graphic design challenges. Students develop the ability to determine appropriate and successful designs and demonstrate effective use of colours, dominant elements, typographical and production skills to make effective design layouts. Students are required to prepare their portfolio for professional presentation by the end of the programme.
The programme aims to teach students to apply their creativity using the graphic tools and techniques as well as to prepare students with the basic knowledge in graphics and visual communication for the real media environment.
Upon completion of this programme, a graduate can work as a graphic designer, instructional designer, packaging designer and an art director.
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects and pass in Art subject/Engineering Drawing *; or
- A pass in STPM (or any equivalent qualification) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject **; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects; or
- Certificate (or equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
*Student who do not take/fail in Art/Engineering Drawing subjects are required to take up portfolio tests conducted by Cosmopoint College.
** only applicable at CC-Sg Petani, CC-Johor Bahru and CC-Kota Bahru: A pass in STPM with a minimum of Grade C in Mathematics or a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- 2D Animation
- 3D Animation
- Advertising Design
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading and Writing
- Business Mathematics
- Color Theory
- Computer Applications in Art and Design
- Contemporary Business
- Corporate Identity Design
- Creative Web Design
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Digital Photography
- Drama and Role Play in English
- Drawing Studies
- Effective Communication Skills/Principles of Moral & Ethics
- Electronic Publication Design
- Element of Design
- Essentials of Business Communication Skills
- Family Institution/The precepts of Islam/Creative Problem Solving
- Foundation in Digital Media
- Graphic Illustration
- History of Graphic Design
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Malaysian Studies
- Packaging Design
- PC Competency
- Principle of Advertising
- Project Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Visual Communication
Mohd Afendi Md Nazili
“Here I learnt to develop myself to be a better person”
“Cosmopoint College had given me a lot of experience and knowledge. The lecturers taught me the things that I did not know before, which I can now use in my working life.”