Faculty of Creative Design
The Faculty of Creative Design offers a wide range of creative programmes.
These programmes are divided into six areas of interest: Fashion, Product, Graphic, Multimedia, Interior and Architecture.
At Cosmopoint College students will embark on a journey to translate their fresh ideas from concepts into reality. They will be provided with the opportunity to discover and develop their own vision, style and expertise. The Teaching & Learning process will be assisted by a range of cutting-edge software such as Adobe (After Effect, Illustrator & Photoshop, Autodesk Maya 3D Studio Max and Blender 3D). Learning will not be confined to the classroom whereby study visits to art galleries, workshops, well-known companies and historical sites are part of the learning experience. Students are exposed to various opportunities to interact with the industry by entering competitions, collaborations, exhibitions and events at national and international levels. Some of the established industry players include Proton, Naza Bikes, Mercedes-Benz, Inspedia, Les Copaque, Media Prima, and Astro.
PRACTICAL BASED LEARNING
- Focus on “Real World Practice” through experiential learning – skills learnt are directly applicable to the working environment
- Final projects involve producing real media content or campaigns for established clients from industry ie. Proton, Naza, Sunsilk, Mercedes Benz
- Hands on experience in using applicable software – Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effect, Adobe In Design, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, 3D animation etc.
- Study visits to art galleries, workshops, companies and historical sites (locally and within the South East Asian region) ie. National Arts Gallery, Hatta Dol Mat Fashion Studio, MIMOS Berhad.
- Internships with established companies in related industries. Provide support in placements to companies, such as: Astro Production, RTM, Media Prima, Karangkraf, Inspedia, Blue Inc, Rico Rinaldi, Kree, InTrend Magazine, International Design Studio (IDStudio)
- Special projects with industry players – ie Designing Vinyl stickers for Apprilia Shiver 750 bikes for Naza Bikes Sdn. Bhd.
- Input from industry to ensure relevance to industry requirement
BROAD CAREER PATH
- Application of hologram and projection mapping tools to produce graphics/designs etc
- Inventing new games/applications by using cutting edge invention kit such as Makey Makey
- Usage of technology as a catalyst
PATHWAY TO DEGREE AND JOBS
- We offer BA in Graphics Design and BA in Multimedia – continuation from any of our Diploma programmes, except for Diploma in Interior Design (BA in Interior Design will be offered by 2017)
- Offer better employment opportunities through partnerships with job placement agencies and industry partners.
- Graduates are highly sought after by established companies – Astro, Media Prima, Kree, InTrend Magazine, and Malaysian Design Council.
- Offers pathways to entrepreneurship
RENOWNED GUEST LECTURERS
- A robust mix of icons and guest lecturers to share knowledge and experience, combine different view points – KukuBesi, who has worked for top local movies such as Merong Mahawangsa, Faizal Hamid, well-known celebrity lecturer in the fashion industry, Fauzi Yusoof – the creative Visual Art Director at Efozzy.com.
LIST OF PROGRAMMES