Who is this for?
This programme is to develop an individual’s understanding of how to provide administration and ongoing support of information technology infrastructure in a range of organisations. It covers the necessary skills needed to function effectively as a member of a team with clear communication ability, responsibilities, diversity and teamwork. This programme will equip students with fundamental knowledge and professional skills in information technology to prepare them for work and further studies in several areas of interest related to IT.
The Diploma in Information Technology is geared towards producing ICT professionals capable of producing new technological innovations. Students acquire programming and software development skills in order to meet the growing requirements of the ICT industry. This programme incorporates vital aspects of system programming, graphical user interfaces, object oriented programming, database design and management, and systems analysis. Students gain exposure in software development techniques, web application development and programming languages such as JAVA, C#, C++, .NET and XML.
The programme is catered to provide graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the skills, principles and techniques relating to Software Engineering whilst enabling them to choose the most appropriate application practices in software design, development or management situations. It will also mold intelligent, hard-working and competent IT professionals who are able to make significant contributions to the Malaysian Information and Communication Technology sector.
Students will have the opportunity to work in ICT companies and mobile applications companies as a computer software specialist, end user supporter, software programmer, software designer, software developer, web application developer, support analyst and database developer.
(Programme currently not available at CC-Sg Petani)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects and PASS mathematics*; or
- A pass in STPM (or any equivalent qualification )with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in Mathematics or credits mathematics at SPM; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects inclusive mathematics; or
- Certificate in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by Malaysian Government.
*Except for CC-Sg Petani, CC-Johor Bahru, CC-Melaka, CC-Ipoh, CC-Kuantan, CC-Kota Bharu, CC-Penang and CC-Kuching: A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects inclusive mathematics.
- Advanced PC Competency
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading and Writing
- Computing Mathematics
- Contemporary Business
- Creative Web Design
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Data Communication and Networking
- Database Concepts
- Database Fundamentals
- Database Management System
- Drama and Role Play in English
- Effective Communication Skills/Principles of Moral & Ethics/Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Elementary Analysis
- Essentials of Business Communication Skills
- Family Instituition / The Precepts of Islam / Creative & Problem Solving
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Fundamentals of Networking
- Industrial Training
- Interface Design
- Introduction to E-Business
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Islamic Studies/Moral Studies
- Java Programming
- Malaysian Studies
- PC Competency
- Principles of Software Engineering
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- System Analysis and Design
- Visual Programming
- Web Application Development Using .NET
- Web Application Development Using Java
- Web Application Programming
- Web Essentials