Diploma in Business Management
Who is this for?
This programme provides a thorough grounding in functional issues in management and is a qualification in its own right. This programme is designed to provide broad knowledge and skills in the areas of management and business with special emphasis on the aspects of running a business, duties of a manager and entrepreneurship. It also empowers those who seek to gain entry to degree and postgraduate programmes.
The Diploma in Business Management prepares students for entry-level management positions in business organisations. It incorporates a broad skill and knowledge in the theory and practice of management essential in running a business successfully in an increasingly competitive global business environment. This programme provides a business education in the functions of management as well as economics, financial, legal and marketing aspects of the modern business enterprise. Real world business and management applications emphasize on the realistic aspects of running a business, critical to being a successful manager or an aspiring entrepreneur.
The aim is to provide students with the basic skills in running a business and practical competency in the professional environment while exposing students to the real world business application and effective management through the subjects. Subsequently, honing of business skills and develop highly successful business starts-ups.
Graduates can gain employment as entry-level executives and junior managers in small businesses, as well as in medium and larger local and multinational enterprises. Graduates can also gain employment in non-profit organisations and the public sectors.
(Programme not available at CC-Penang, CC-Melaka and CC-Kuantan)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects *; or
- A pass in STPM (or any equivalent qualification) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects; or
- Certificate (or any equivalent qualification) in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by The Malaysian Government.
- CC-Ipoh: A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects inclusive Mathematics
- CC-Johor Bahru: A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects and Pass in Bahasa Melayu.
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading and Writing
- Business Law
- Business Mathematics
- Business Negotiations
- Business Statistics
- Computers In Business
- Consumer Behavior
- Contemporary Business
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Customer Relationship Management
- Drama and Role Play in English
- Effective Communication Skills/Principles of Moral & Ethics
- English for Specific Purposes
- Essentials of Business Communication Skills
- Event Management and Planning
- Family Institution/The precepts of Islam/Creative Problem Solving
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Introduction to Database SQL
- Malaysian Studies
- Operation Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- PC Competency
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Sales Management
Juliawani Mat Jusoh
“I was at this College for about 3 years and I learned so many things and gained many experiences. Beside that, the lecturers are so kind and sporting because whenever the students got any problems they will help us even when they were very busy. The learning process was very systematic and most of the graduated students secured jobs easily.”
Muhammad Nur Aziq bin Md Sham
“Here at Cosmopoint College Seremban, there are many avenues for one to grow and excel. I had good and experienced lecturers with whom I shared a lot of enjoyment and knowledge”