Diploma in Accounting
Who is this for?
It is for students seeking appropriate knowledge and skills in accounting, primarily you will investigate software applications, study accounting principles and accounting practices. They will also gain a thorough grounding in financial and management accounting with options to specialise in other aspects of business.
The Diploma in Accounting equips students with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to function as entry level accounting professionals in business organisations. The students will be able to apply knowledge required to fulfill an accounting-support role and participate in financial discussions and decision-making in any organisation. Graduates develop professional understanding in the area of accounting, auditing, taxation and finance.
It is aimed to equip students with both practical and theoretical understanding of accounting to be able to perform various accounting functions.
The programme prepares students not just for a job but a career and leads them to become the best-in-class accounts professionals. Upon completion of this programme, a graduate can work as an accounts assistant, a financial advisor, loan officer, audit assistant and tax advisor in the financial industry; or as an officer and supervisor in the financial and commercial institutions.
(Programme not available at CC-Penang, CC-Seremban, CC-Kuala Terengganu and CC-Kuantan)
Minimum entry requirements:
- A pass in SPM (or any equivalent qualification) with at least credits in any 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- A pass in STPM (or any equivalent qualification) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in Mathematics/a credit in mathematics and pass in English at SPM level (or its equivalent) and; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum of Grade B in any three (3) subjects inclusive mathematics and also a PASS in English subject; or
- Certificate in any related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Any other qualification recognised by The Malaysian Government.
- Accounting Theories and Practices
- Auditing Principles
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Basic Academic Reading and Writing
- Business Law
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Computerised Accounting System
- Contemporary Business
- Cost Accounting
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Drama and Role Play in English
- Effective Communication Skills
- English for Specific Purposes
- Essentials of Business Communication Skills
- Family Institution/The precepts of Islam/Creative Problem Solving
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Partnership and Company Law
- Malaysian Studies
- Management Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- PC Competency
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Moral & Ethics
- Reading, Vocabulary & Grammar
Puteri Noor Sakira Suzili
“It is the lecturers that make weak students good and the good students even better.”
Foo Huei Nee
Cosmopoint College have experienced lecturers.”