Faculty of Business Technology & Accounting
The Faculty of Business Technology & Accounting provides education in the field of Management, Business and Accounting. The courses are structured to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills especially in the field of marketing, administration, management, entrepreneurship, human resource management and accounting. Our syllabus equips students with the vision and practical tools necessary to become successful business leaders or professional managers.
Our motto, “Real World Practice” is applied throughout the students’ learning experience. Learning is limitless: it is not confined only to the classroom. Class activities include study visits to established companies such as Maxis and Air Asia to provide the necessary exposure. Our curriculum design includes inputs from industry advisors to ensure relevance to industry requirement. To improve students’ employability, Cosmopoint Colleges has signed MoUs with established industry partners to provide students with internship and job opportunities namely with Job Street, TalentCorp, Yayasan Pendidikan Malaysia and Star Radio Group.
To provide the required coaching and mentoring to groom successful entrepreneurs, the college regularly invites renowned guest lecturers ranging from government officials to CEOs to share their knowledge and experience.
PRACTICAL BASED LEARNING
- Focus on “Real World Practice” through experiential learning – skills learnt are directly applicable in the working environment.
- Final projects involve producing business plans, advertising campaigns, conducting interviews, proficiency tests and developing case studies.
- Hands on experience through practical attachments with Petronas, Celcom, Maybank, Sime Darby, Ekuinas and others.
- Study visit to organisations and companies such as MATRADE, MIDA, Maxis, Air Asia.
- Input from industry in curriculum design through appointment of industry advisors to ensure relevance to industry requirement and students’ employability.
- University-Industry partnership through signing of MoU with industry partners to provide students with internship and job opportunities at JobStreet, Talent Corp, Yayasan Pendidikan Malaysia and Star Radio Group.
BROAD CAREER PATH
- The business and management world is diverse enough to cater for different career paths for students to choose from.
- Syllabuses are structured based on market demand.
- Opens opportunities in a variety of industries in the fields of management, finance, marketing and hospitality.
PATHWAY TO DEGREE AND JOBS
- We offer six (6) degree programmes for continuation from our several Diploma programmes.
- Offer better employment opportunities through partnerships with job placement agencies and industry partners.
- We organise periodic career fairs with industry partners like KFC, Pizza Hut and Themed Attraction Resorts & Hotels.
- Graduates have been employed in several established companies including Petronas, Celcom, AmBank and Maybank.
- Offers pathway to entrepreneurship with courses being designed to include trainings, coaching and mentoring – i.e. CSR programme for staff and students organised in conjunction with the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS). Students can also participate in organising events like the Malaysian Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education.
- Articulation for Cosmopoint College Diploma programmes and joint degree awards with overseas universities such as University of East London, and University of Central Lancashire.
RENOWNED GUEST LECTURERS
Guest lecturers to share knowledge and experience – established individuals in the industry and entrepreneurs are frequently invited including
- Datuk Ahmad bin Maslan, Deputy Minister of Finance.
- Dato’ Abibullah Hj Samsudin, DG of YAPIEM.
- Edmund The, Graduate Employability Advisor, JobStreet.
- Siti Norliza Mohd Sahar, Head Graduate Employability, Talent Corp.
- Kahar Kamaruddin, CEO, Yayasan Pendidikan Malaysia.
- Hadi Haidar, VP HR, Themed Attractions Resorts ad Hotel Sdn Bhd.
LIST OF PROGRAMMES